Top 50 Songs
This country singer/songwriter was born Loretta Webb on April 14, 1932 in Butcher Hollow, Kentucky. She was 15 years old when she married Oliver Vanetta “Doolittle” Lynn. They were together until his death in 1996. She landed her first song on the country charts in 1960 and went on to have more than 50 top-10 hits on the country charts of which 24 went to #1. She also had 11 chart-topping country albums. The 1980 movie Coal Miner’s Daughter was based on Lynn’s life. Sissy Spacek won an Oscar for her portrayal of Lynn. She died on October 4, 2022.
For a complete list of this act’s DMDB honors, check out the DMDB Music Maker Encyclopedia entry.
Top 50 Songs
Dave’s Music Database lists are determined by song’s appearances on best-of lists, appearances on compilations and live albums by the featured act, and songs’ chart success, sales, radio airplay, streaming, and awards. Songs which hit #1 on the country chart are noted.
DMDB Top 2%:
1. Coal Miner’s Daugther (1970) #1 CW
DMDB Top 20%:
2. Don’t Come Home A-Drinkin’ with Lovin’ on Your Mind (1966) #1 CW
DMDB Beyond the Top 20%:
4. You Ain’t Woman Enough to Take My Man (1966)
11. Blue Kentucky Girl (1965)
21. Wine, Women and Song (1964)
31. Woman of the World (Leave My World Alone) (1969) #1 CW
41. Sweet Thang (with Ernest Tubb, 1967)
Resources and Related Links:
First posted 10/5/2022.
Post a Comment