Crosby, Stills, Nash & Young
Top 100 Songs
This page celebrates the 100 best works, collectively, from David Crosby, Stephen Stills, Graham, Nash, and Neil Young. Crosby, Stills, & Nash came together as a folk-rock trio in 1969. They were considered a supergroup given their pedegrees in previous groups. Crosby had been in the Byrds (1964-67, 1973, 1990), Stills in Buffalo Springfield (1966-68), and Nash in the Hollies (1962-68, 1981-83). On some of their albums, they were joined by Stills’ Buffalo Springfield bandmate Neil Young. Stills also formed the group Manassas (1971-73).
For a complete list of this act’s DMDB honors, check out the DMDB Music Maker Encyclopedia entry.
Awards (Buffalo Springfield):
Awards (The Hollies):
Top 100 Songs
Dave’s Music Database lists are determined by song’s appearances on best-of lists, appearances on compilations and live albums by the featured act, and songs’ chart success, sales, radio airplay, streaming, and awards. This list includes songs from Crosby, Stills & Nash; Crosby, Still, Nash & Young; the Byrds, Buffalo Springfield, the Hollies, and solo work from David Crosby, Stephen Stills, Graham Nash, and Neil Young.
DMDB Top 1%:
1. Mr. Tambourine Man (Byrds, 1965)
DMDB Top 2%:
6. Suite: Judy Blue Eyes (CSN, 1969)
DMDB Top 5%:
9. Teach Your Children (CSNY, 1970)
11. Cinnamon Girl (Young, 1969)
DMDB Top 10%:
19. So You Want to Be a Rock and Roll Star (Byrds, 1967)
31. Hey Hey My My (Into the Black) (Young, 1979)
DMDB Top 20%:
34. Helplessly Hoping (CSNY, 1969)
41. War Games (CSN, 1983)
51. Chicago (Nash, 1971)
61. On a Carousel (Hollies, 1967)
71. Almost Cut My Hair (CSNY, 1970)
DMDB Beyond the Top 20%:
81. Long Time Gone (CSN, 1969)
91. This Old House (CSNY, 1988)
Resources and Related Links:
First posted 1/20/2023; last updated 1/24/2023.