|First posted 4/30/2010; updated 12/10/2020.|
Top 100 Albums
This is an aggregate of eight best-of lists from Spin magazine (details at bottom of page). The magazine was founded in 1985 by Bob Guccione, Jr. It stopped producing print issues in 2012, but continues to run as an online magazine. The focus is on less mainstream fare, including alternative rock, alternative country, college rock, electronica, grunge, hip-hop, new wave, punk, reggae, and world music.
Also, check out Spin’s annual picks for album of the year. You can also see other publications’ picks for best albums of all time here.
1. Public Enemy It Takes a Nation of Millions to Hold Us Back (1988)
11. The Smiths The Queen Is Dead (1986)
21. Black Flag Damaged (1981)
31. Green Day Dookie (1994)
41. Soundgarden Superunknown (1994)
51. X-Ray Spex Germ-Free Adolescents (1978)
61. Beck Odelay (1996)
71. U2 The Joshua Tree (1987)
81. Pavement Crooked Rain, Crooked Rain (1994)
91. Pulp Different Class (1995)
Resources and Related Links: