Thursday, May 19, 2022

Dave’s Faves: #1 Albums

Dave’s Faves:

#1 Albums: 1970-2022

September 18, 1982. I can peg my fascination with music charts to that date. After listening to a local radio station’s countdown of the hits of the summer, I decided to make my own list of favorites (see original list here). I ended up revising it every few days, eventually developing my own charts which I maintained into the ‘90s.

Along the way, I also tracked which albums racked up the most points each week, based on the entries on the song chart. I’ve revised those lists and expanded them, speculating on what might have been my #1 albums before and after the official charts I did from 1982 to 1994.

Of course, I realize no one really cares about any of this but me. That’s fine. It’s my website so alongside content which (hopefully) matters to others, I get to stroke my own ego and post some content which is only important to an audience of one. In any event, you can check out the lists here if you wish:

First posted 10/3/2020; last updated 5/19/2022.

No comments:

Post a Comment