Click on a book to learn more about it.

Monday, August 15, 2011

The Woodstock Festival begins: August 15, 1969


Check the Dave’s Music Database Facebook page for daily music-related posts. Also check out books by Dave Whitaker, including the collection of past blog entries, No One Needs 21 Versions of “Purple Haze”…And Other Essays from a Musical Obsessive.



In keeping with the daily-dose-of-musical-history format which I adopted in June 2011, my initial intent was to work up a 300-500 word piece capturing a snapshot of the famous Woodstock music festival from August 15-18, 1969. In the end, however, the endeavor failed. A proper vision of Woodstock throws objectivity out the window, so I opted instead to rewind to an essay I wrote two years ago in celebration of Woodstock’s 40th anniversary. I’ve infused that original piece with images and video. Anyway, check out the link below. Peace.


Resources and Related Links:



No comments:

Post a Comment