|First posted 4/30/2010; updated 8/14/2020.|
Top 100 Albums
This is an aggregate of eight best-of lists from Spin magazine (details at bottom of page). The magazine was founded in 1985 by Bob Guccione, Jr. It stopped producing print issues in 2012, but continues to run as an online magazine. The focus is on less mainstream fare, including alternative rock, alternative country, college rock, electronica, grunge, hip-hop, new wave, punk, reggae, and world music.
Also, check out annual picks for album of the year.
1. Public Enemy It Takes a Nation of Millions to Hold Us Back (1988)
11. OutKast Stankonia (2000)
21. Hole Live Through This (1994)
31. Jesus and Mary Chain Psychocandy (1985)
41. Run-D.M.C. Run-D.M.C. (1984)
51. Nas Illmatic (1994)
61. New Order Low-Life (1985)
71. Elliott Smith Either/Or (1997)
81. PJ Harvey Stories from the City, Stories from the Sea (2000)
91. D’Angelo Voodoo (2000)
Resources and Related Links: